Support Resources for Fort Collins Artists, Nonprofits & Creative Businesses - COVID-19
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated 8/05/2020)
RECENT INDUSTRY UPDATES:
- Colorado Arts Day of Action is on Thursday, August 6th! Information about getting your messages out to state legislators before they recess. Citizens are encouraged to let their representatives know their priorities about #SaveOurStages, Heros Act, arts relief. See the Colorado Business Committee for the Arts for info
- RESTART Act Senators Michael Bennet (D-CO) and Todd Young (R-IN) introduced SB 3814 RESTART Act; and Representatives Jared Golden (D-ME) and Mike Kelly (R-PA) introduced a companion bill, HR 7481. The RESTART Act has broad bipartisan support and extends the Paycheck Protection Program and establishes a loan program whereby the Small Business Administration (SBA) shall guarantee loan amounts to certain businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Save Our Stages Act Senators John Cornyn (R-TX) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) introduced the bipartisan Save Our Stages Act SB 4258/HR 7806. The Save Our Stages Act provides SBA grants for independent venues, promoters, and festivals affected by COVID-19 stay-at-home orders. These grants offer at least six months of financial support to keep this vital industry afloat. A survey from the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA) reported that 90% of venues predict they will fold permanently if there wasn’t immediate federal relief. Read Senator Klobuchar’s op-ed in Rolling Stone about this bill.
- Energize Colorado “Gap” Grant and Loan Fund OPEN! (8/5/2020) – A fund for sole proprietors, businesses, and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees to apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance. The application will go live no later than August 1, 2020. Priority is given to rural, women, and BIPOC owned.Info at Energize Colorado
- Keep NoCo Open – Marketing Kit here
- Pro Bono Attorneys services for Colorado businesses affected by COVID www.coloradocovidrelief.org
- PPP Loan Application Deadline Extended – The final date to apply for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) business recovery loans is extended until August 8th, 2020.
- Calling all arts lovers and advocates: Leadership Arts 2020-21 – Applications are open for Colorado Business Committee for the Arts’ (CBCA) Leadership Arts program. Applications are due August 14. Scholarships are also available. Click here for more information: https://cbca.org/leadership-arts.
- 2020 Fort Collins Artist Studio Tour and Sale – in person event cancelled for 2020, possible re-envisioning 2020 event and planning for 2021 event.
- NIVA – (National Independent Venues Association) – guidance about venues reopening, advocacy and support for venue owners #SaveOurStages
- REVS – Reopen Every Venue Safely – provides guidance about music venues re-opening in safe & sustainable ways
- Musicians in financial need are encouraged to apply for the CO Music Relief Fund (Temporary closure of the NoCo Music Relief Fund)
- Colorado Creative Industries releases arts and culture reopening resources: Reopening Resources: Ideas from the field for Colorado Arts & Culture
- Larimer County Small Business Recovery Loan – APPLY HERE $5 million dollars available to help business recovery. Funded by the City of Fort Collins, Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce, and Bohemian Foundation.
- The State of Colorado‘s Help Colorado Now website offers emergency funding and a range of in-kind services as well as volunteer opportunities for individuals, businesses and non-profits.
SAFER AT HOME
- Read the latest Larimer County guidelines on reopening your business and Best Practices from NoCoRecovers.com
- Printable Signage designed by Larimer County Health (Spanish & English)
- Industry Specific Checklists/Guidelines
- Hiring? Share your opening at the Virtual Hiring Events with Larimer County Workforce Center
- PPE supplies at NoCoSafetySupply.com or EnergizeColorado.com
- ForFortCollins.com – Fort Collins businesses and citizens with ways to promote shopping locally with marketing asset generator, connections and resources for being open!
- COVID-19 TESTS for yourself or your employees? UCHealth is ready for you –Find testing closest to you
- Expansion of Outdoor Retail and Dining: Fort Collins Businesses are able to apply to expand their retail and food businesses to outdoors. Any type of business can apply with this form, to help the City of Fort Collins & Health Department determine how you may be able to extend your business – APPLY HERE
- “Business as Unusual”signage kit for cuing and social distancing (Signage form), also making hand sanitizer available for Downtown Fort Collins businesses (Sanitizer form) Downtown Development Authority & artist created
LOCAL COVID-19 NEWS:
- Larimer County Health Department – Updates and Guidance
- NoCoRecovers – Business Recovery information, tools and connections, as well as, Public Health Summaries for Northern Colorado
- The City of Fort Collins COVID-19 Email Updates – sign up using sidebar on right
- LOCAL MEDIA: Coloradoan (local updates), Denver Post and Colorado Public Radio (statewide updates), and a map of cases at the Colorado Sun.
- NATIONAL MEDIA: National updates and perspectives at the New York Times and the Atlantic (free access).
- Tips for Avoiding Scams Related to COVID-19 compiled by the Colorado Virtual Library