Support Resources for Fort Collins Artists, Nonprofits & Creative Businesses
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated August 2022) See additional pages for detailed resources.
- City of Fort Collins Announces upcoming Small Business Grants! Opening August 1 grants will be made in increments of $2,500, $5,000, or $7,500, grant amount is dependent upon number of employees and annual revenue (assistance will not have to be repaid). Two rounds of funding will be made available to businesses. Round 1 will be open to businesses on August 1 and closes August 30. Round 2 will be open to businesses on October 3 and closes October 31.
- The newly opened Multicultural Business & Entrepreneurship Center is now offering business services to the community and has $30K at its disposal to help businesses with technical assistance.
- The Business Foundations Technical Assistance program provides technical assistance and small grants to Colorado small businesses to help businesses legally establish themselves. The program includes 3 required training paths for businesses to complete and receive a certification. Once completed, businesses may be eligible to apply for small grants of up to $1,200.
- Booster Shots – Who qualifies and where can you get them? See the Larimer County Health website for the latest details and to make an appointment.
- The Bohemian Fund – Bohemian Foundation grant making program to support community programs and events
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is has many current grants to apply for funding, relief funding or project funding.
- Art-Train brings together artists and creatives with municipalities, agencies, and organizations to create culture-based collaborations. With separate tracks for artists and agencies, Art-Train helps you use American Rescue Plan and American Jobs Plan funding to support locally-rooted, culture-based collaborations.
- Colorado’s CLIMBER small business loan fund! These are below market rate loans with favorable terms for small businesses with 5-99 employees. CLIMBER loans are available to non-profit businesses along with for-profit and sole proprietorships. Special consideration is given to small businesses located in rural, distressed, and underserved areas, including communities with low to moderate incomes. For full details and eligibility visit their website.
COVID and General Resources for Businesses (Also see area specific pages - links below)
- COVID 19 Resources
- Make a plan to get COVID Treatment with all the new resources it is good to determine your our plan in advance
- COVID-19 tests for yourself or your employees? Find the testing closest to you
- COVID-19 vaccinations Get the latest info on vaccinations HERE
- Booster Shots – Who qualifies and where can you get them? See the Larimer County Health website for the latest details amd to make an appointment.
- LOCAL BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Larimer SBDC – Free one on one professional business consulting, special creative industry professionals, workshops and online classes, business resources and tools
- NOCO RECOVERS – A one stop shop for COVID-19 recovery resources for the business community in Northern Colorado.
- ForFortCollins.com – website designed for businesses and citizens with ways to promote shopping locally with marketing asset generator, connections and resources
- Best Practices and Business Help at NoCoRecovers.com
HEALTH & NEWS SOURCES:
- City of Fort Collins Recovery Connections and Plan
- Larimer County Health Department – Updates and Guidance
- NoCoRecovers – Business Recovery information, tools and connections, as well as, Public Health Summaries for Northern Colorado
- LOCAL MEDIA: Coloradoan (local updates), Denver Post and Colorado Public Radio (statewide updates), and a map of cases at the Colorado Sun.
- NATIONAL MEDIA: National updates and perspectives at the New York Times and the Atlantic (free access).
- Tips for Avoiding Scams Related to COVID-19 compiled by the Colorado Virtual Library