CREATIVE TOOLS & TIPS
(Fort Collins, Colorado and National)
- Create a Patron Account to allow people to donate to you
- Create a Venmo or Paypal Account so people can give you donations directly
- Loss Calculator Tool – from Performing Arts Readiness
- Nonprofit Finance Fund (tools and resources)
- Amazon Smile – a fundraising tool for nonprofits to have your fans use when shopping on Amazon
- Facebook fundraisers Register your nonprofit to be an option for fundraising efforts
- LIVE-STREAMING: See all the trainings, video breakdowns, tutorials, live-streaming tips and resources
- “Livestreaming + Fundraising: A Community Case Study (kinda)” by Julie Sutter of the Music District
- Liven up Your Livestream with The Launchpad from the Music District (Designed for musicians, but applicable to all artists)
- Article on different live streaming options: (Platforms evaluated: Facebook Live, Periscope, YouTube, YouNow, ConcertWindow, StageIt, and Gigee)
- PLATFORMS & RESOURCES:
- PROFESSIONALS & PRODUCTION HELP:
- Need help producing a Livestream show? Local expert Doug Usher of The Via Company can help you!
MARKETING & SURVEYS
- “Marketing Well During a Crisis” (step by step video by Startup Week Fort Collins)
- The CBCA has created Arts Through It All – campaigns to help you share how fans can support the arts and you – download media kit and style guide for your marketing campaigns!
- Take the Americans for the Arts Impact Survey
- VIRTUAL EVENTS
- HOW TO:
- How to Plan, promote, and host a profitable virtual event (HelloSeven.co)
- How to host a successful virtual event: tips and best practices (Hootsuite)
- 7 easy steps to successful virtual event planning (SocialTables.com)
VIDEO LEARNING & TRAININGS
- “How to Start in E-Commerce” (step by step video by Startup Week Fort Collins)
- “Getting Started With Teaching Online“ (step by step video by Startup Week Fort Collins)
- Digital Tools for Running an Art Career Remotely During COVID
- Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media webinar for artists about Surviving COVID- 19
- Creative Capital – lots of national webinars, video, workshops
- The Launchpad podcast – The Music District, takes you step by step through different topics confronting musicians and independent artists. See the entire video series:
- Episode #1 The Cares Act Part 1– What freelancers can apply for in the CARES Act, Live Streaming and much more
- Episode #2 Financial Assistance for the Music Industry – This online workshop will help answer questions and provide insight into the application process for relief by highlighting the stories of several NoCo musicians and industry workers who have applied for relief funding.
- Episode #3 Level up Your Livestream – tune into this workshop to learn more about accessible tech and tactics to improve your livestream game.
- Episode #4 Save Our Stages: The Future of Live Music in FoCo & Beyond – We’ll discuss what a return to live music could look like, how independent venues are making it through COVID-19, and what you can do to #SupportOurStages.
- Episode #5 Play it Safe! Evaluating Today’s Live Music Opportunities – Join us for a discussion between local and regional musicians and music workers about how artists, hosts, talent buyers, and promoters are evaluating live performance opportunities, keeping themselves and their audiences safe, and navigating new types of challenges to playing live.
- CARES ACT & UNEMPLOYMENT:
- Coffee with the Larimer County Small Business Development Center Directors & experts – weekly video talks around all the pressing COVID related relief SBA programs, PPP, SBA loans and more
- The CARES Act explained for Freelancers and Artists (Video by Briana Harris Greeley Creative District)
- CARES Act – COVID-19 Financial Support for Gig Workers & Small Businesses – by the Colorado Office of Film and Video
- Demystifying Unemployment for 1099 and Gig Workers Video by the Colorado Office of Film and Video