ARTISTS, MUSICIANS & PERFORMERS:
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated June 2022)
NEWS AND RECENT UPDATES:
- The Colorado Change Leader Program teaches cultural and community leaders how to handle change in organizations, communities, and their daily lives. The institute is a biannual three-day course to prepare leaders for a certification project. If your certification project meets certain requirements, you may receive a $500 stipend to implement the project. The network provides participants a way to continue engagement with current and past participants of the program.
- Be Part of CBCA’s Leadership Arts Program: For 25 years, CBCA has built a pipeline of leaders in the arts through Leadership Arts. This unique nine-month program prepares people to serve on nonprofit boards of directors and increase their civic engagement in the arts. The Leadership Arts curriculum focuses on building the necessary skills to be an effective volunteer leader and exploring relevant topics in Colorado’s arts sector. Applications are due by Friday, August 12. We are seeking a diverse cohort that reflects our community and includes a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds. Applications for the 2022-2023 Leadership Arts cohort are open now!
- Any Needs Call #2-1-1 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline.
- Food Bank of Larimer County – see if you qualify for food donations
- Vindeket Foods – a food/produce rescue program/storefront, providing free food boxes that can cater to food restrictions such as gluten free, vegetarian,.. (Pay what you can, volunteer)
- Hunger Free Colorado – apply for food, cash, medical assistance, or other programs
- Locally distributed food and hygiene products open to anyone in need by Serve 6.8, a Christian nonprofit working with churches
- State of Colorado Food Assistance Providers and Resources
- ALL ARTISTS:
- Help for Artists and Musicians Affected by the Fires and COVID – Emergency Relief for Artists Working In Craft Disciplines — CERF+’s emergency assistance includes grants and/or brokered assistance, such as booth fee waivers and discounts or donations of supplies and equipment. To learn more about our eligibility requirements and guidelines, visit the website or contact us at email@example.com.
- Art-Train brings together artists and creatives with municipalities, agencies, and organizations to create culture-based collaborations. With separate tracks for artists and agencies, Art-Train helps you use American Rescue Plan and American Jobs Plan funding to support locally-rooted, culture-based collaborations.
- MUSIC INDUSTRY:
- NoCo Music Event Fund – Apply for a grant for your event through Bohemian Foundation
- Take Note Colorado, a responsive, competitive opportunity for individuals and organizations statewide to offer highly inclusive, culturally relevant and student-centered music instruction. Individuals can apply for up to $10,000 to develop programming that meets Take Note’s goals.
- SPECIFIC ARTIST GROUPS:
- ArtistCommunities.org offers a list of emergency relief programs
- Food industry workers: get help at the Colorado Restaurant Association Foundation’s Angel Relief Fund
- FUNDS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC ART! See more relief options at our Discipline Specific Resources
- Resources for Latinx arts organizations, artists, and cultural workers! Offered by The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC)
HEALTH & MENTAL HEALTH
- COVID 19 Resources
- Make a plan to get COVID Treatment with all the new resources it is good to determine your our plan in advance
- COVID-19 tests for yourself or your employees? Find the testing closest to you
- COVID-19 vaccinations Get the latest info on vaccinations HERE
- Booster Shots – Who qualifies and where can you get them? See the Larimer County Health website for the latest details amd to make an appointment.
- MENTAL HEALTH:
- Support is here for you, see all the Larimer County Health COVID Resources & Services
- Experiencing a crisis?
- Contact the Colorado Crisis and Support Line at 1-844-493-TALK (8255)
- Text “TALK” to 38255
- Visit www.coloradocrisisservices.org to access chat
- Music Minds Matter – Join other musicians and creatives in mental health support at MusicMindsMatter.org
- Larimer County Emotional and Mental Health Resources
- Call #2-1-1 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline
- Rent assistance from Neighbor to Neighbor – If you need some assistance with an existing rental click here and If you are looking for assistance for a new rental, visit their First Month’s Rent Assistance page.
- State of Colorado Rent and Utilities Resources and Providers
JOBS & MARKETPLACES
- Larimer County Economic & Workforce for current openings and answers about employment and unemployment
- Connecting Colorado for Job Seekers and Employers
- FoCoFreelance.com – Register here as a Fort Collins Freelancer looking for jobs or help with projects
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce member businesses job postings
- Fort Collins Marketplace – An online platform for selling your Fort Collins art
- State of Colorado resources and providers for employment and jobs
LOCAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- NETWORKING & GROUPS:
- Keep NoCo Open – Full graphics, videos and messaging in English and Spanish Download all the assets HERE – Marketing Kit here
- How Can you Support Local Business? ForFortCollins is here to help with tools, graphics and more to support your community
- See our collection of Creative Tools and Tips about virtual events, webinars, best practices, classes, podcasts and livestreaming
- Free Consulting and tons of business tools at Larimer Small Business Development Center
- Stay up to date on the City of Fort Collins critical COVID-19 announcements and updates
- Document and share your experience through COVID-19 with History Colorado
THE LAUNCHPAD SERIES- by The Music District
- Episode #3 Level up Your Livestream – tune into this workshop to learn more about accessible tech and tactics to improve your livestream game.
- Episode #5 Play it Safe! Evaluating Today’s Live Music Opportunities – Join us for a discussion between local and regional musicians and music workers about how artists, hosts, talent buyers, and promoters are evaluating live performance opportunities, keeping themselves and their audiences safe, and navigating new types of challenges to playing live.
- Episode #6 – Sync Licensing – placement of music in film, television, video games, and advertisements can be a huge asset in an artist’s career, but the sync world is often difficult to navigate without the proper network, music supervisor-friendly tunes, and business acumen required. Discussion about breaking into the world of sync licensing.
STATE BUSINESS RESOURCES
NATIONAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- NATIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak (Creative Capital.org)
- A collection of safety nets and preparedness and response guides (NCaper.org)
- Rolling deadline – AGMA Relief Fund (For Actors – AGMA members only)
- Twenty Summers: Emergency Arts Fund (EAF) no deadlines adjusted as income is received – Artist’s video is hosted on shared fundraising platform, Twenty Summers distributes proceeds.
- Patreon’s Response to COVID-19 resources page
- Freelancer’s Union Relief Fund