Virtual Events & Live-Streaming
- Sched offers advice for virtual events
- EventBrite webinar: Best Practices for Communicating with Your Attendees (Video)
- Read all about virtual music events from the Music District Blog
- How to Plan, promote, and host a profitable virtual event (HelloSeven.co)
- How to host a successful virtual event: tips and best practices (Hootsuite)
- 7 easy steps to successful virtual event planning (SocialTables.com)
- Top 10 tips to plan a successful virtual event (Eventstant.com)
- Virtual Music Events Directory
- “Livestreaming + Fundraising: A Community Case Study (kinda)” by Julie Sutter of the Music District
- Liven up Your Livestream with The Launchpad from the Music District (Designed for musicians, but applicable to all artists)
- Need help producing a Livestream show? Local expert Doug Usher of The Via Company can help you!
- Article on different live streaming options: (Platforms evaluated: Facebook Live, Periscope, YouTube, YouNow, ConcertWindow, StageIt, and Gigee)
- Muse Performance Space – Live streaming for concerts, patrons can watch and musicians get the proceeds
- Stage It (online pay to watch concert venue)
- Stay At Home Fest – Calendar and Festivals Online
- Platforms to consider: HOW LIVE, Twitch TV, Vimeo, Periscope, Facebook Live, Timbre Streaming and Instagram Live
Video Learning & Training
- The Launchpad podcast – The Music District, takes you step by step through different topics confronting msuicians and independent artists. See the entire video series:
- Episode #1 The Cares Act Part 1– What freelancers can apply for in the CARES Act, Livestreaming and much more
- Episode #2 Financial Assistance for the Music Industry – This online workshop will help answer questions and provide insight into the application process for relief by highlighting the stories of several NoCo musicians and industry workers who have applied for relief funding.
- Episode #3 Level up Your Livestream – tune into this workshop to learn more about accessible tech and tactics to improve your livestream game.
- Episode #4 Save Our Stages: The Future of Live Music in FoCo & Beyond – We’ll discuss what a return to live music could look like, how independent venues are making it through COVID-19, and what you can do to #SupportOurStages.
- Episode #5 Play it Safe! Evaluating Today’s Live Music Opportunities – Join us for a discussion between local and regional musicians and music workers about how artists, hosts, talent buyers, and promoters are evaluating live performance opportunities, keeping themselves and their audiences safe, and navigating new types of challenges to playing live.
- Coffee with the Larimer County Small Business Development Center Directors & experts – weekly video talks around all the pressing COVID related relief SBA programs, PPP, SBA loans and more
- “Marketing Well During a Crisis” (step by step video by Startup Week Fort Collins)
- “How to Start in E-Commerce” (step by step video by Startup Week Fort Collins)
- “Getting Started With Teaching Online“ (step by step video by Startup Week Fort Collins)
- The CARES Act explained for Freelancers and Artists (Video by Briana Harris Greeley Creative District)
- Streaming podcast – The Launchpad, Episode 1 – The CARES Act, Part 1 – (Mickey Davis of The Music District)
- Digital Tools for Running an Art Career Remotely During COVID
- Demystifying Unemployment for 1099 and Gig Workers Video by the Colorado Office of Film and Video
- CARES Act – COVID-19 Financial Support for Gig Workers & Small Businesses – by the Colorado Office of Film and Video
- Creative Capital – lots of national webinars, video, workshops
- Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media webinar for artists about Surviving COVID- 19