ARTISTS, MUSICIANS & GIG WORKERS:
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated 10/15/2020)
RECENT UPDATES - (updated as changes come in!)
- Energize Colorado “Gap” Grant and Loan Fund has reopened! – A fund for sole proprietors, businesses, and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees to apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance. Priority is given to rural, women, and BIPOC owned. Info at Energize Colorado
- NoCo Music Event Fund – Apply for a grant for your event
- First Fridays at Bandcamp through the end of the year – Bandcamp will waive all their fees on anything sold on the site on the first Friday of each month, Bandcamp says their audiences spent $7.1 million for May’s first fee-free Friday
- Apply for Colorado MusiCares Fund – A local branch of MusiCares who provide support for musicians and music industry
- Re-opened! Larimer and Weld County Musicians and industry professionals encouraged to apply the NoCo Music Relief Fund
- Colorado Restaurant Association Foundation’s Angel Relief Fund for food industry workers
- See Energize Colorado and City of Fort Collins Business Assistance Grants listed above!
- Artist Relief – Rolling Deadline through September – grants of $5,000 to artists facing financial emergencies due to COVID-19
- Re-Opened! NoCo Music Relief Fund – Bohemian Foundation is offering grants of up to $1,000 for musicians and music industry workers who live in Larimer and Weld counties who must demonstrate that they are in severe financial distress.
- Colorado MusiCares Fund – A local branch of MusiCares who provide support for musicians and music industry
- ArtistCommunities.org offers a list of emergency relief programs
- Sustainable Arts Foundation’s Resources for Artists with Children
- UNEMPLOYMENT for Gig Workers & Contractors (1099 workers) (Site has a chat box and/or watch a helpful Q &A video here)
- UNEMPLOYMENT: Get the latest on applying for unemployment at (303) 860-5881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRANTS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC ART! See more relief options at our Discipline Specific Resources
- Food Bank of Larimer County – where you can see if you qualify for food donations
- Hunger Free Colorado – apply for food, cash, medical assistance, or other programs
- Any Needs Call #211 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline.
- Locally distributed food and hygiene products open to anyone in need by Serve 6.8, a Christian nonprofit working with churches
HEALTH & MENTAL HEALTH
- HEALTH: Get mental, emergency dental and advance care planning locally (The Health District) or call #211 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline.
- MENTAL HEALTH: Support during COVID – Larimer County Health COVID Resources & Services
- MENTAL HEALTH: Join other musicians and creatives at a weekly virtual mental wellness meetup for musicians. (MusicMindsMatter.org)
- MENTAL HEALTH: Larimer County Emotional and Mental Health Resources
- Larimer County Economic & Workforce for current openings and answers about employment and unemployment
- Connecting Colorado for Job Seekers and Employers
- FoCoFreelance.com – Register here as a Fort Collins Freelancer looking for jobs or help with projects
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce member businesses job postings
- Unemployment Scenarios – Both for employees and employers – Prepared by Larimer SBDC
- Get the latest on applying for unemployment at (303) 860-5881 or email@example.com
- Claiming Unemployment: A guide to claiming unemployment under provisions in the CARES Act.
- Gig Workers and Contractors (1099 workers) can file for unemployment starting on Monday, April 20, 202
- Watch helpful unemployment Q&A video here from the Colorado Office of Film and Video
- Qualifying for Benefits and Benefits Calculator
- How to File for Unemployment
- If you need a new PIN, scroll down to the yellow box that says “Request a New PIN”
- COVID-19 Pandemic Scenarios & Benefits Available (ENGLISH)
- COVID-19 Escenarios en la Pandemia y Beneficios Disponibles (SPANISH)
LOCAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- NoCo Gigging Musician Facebook Group – join here to hear about all things concerning musicians and COVID
- The CARES Act explained for Freelancers and Artists (Video by Briana Harris Greeley Creative District)
- Document and share your experience through COVID-19 with History Colorado
- ALSO see our Discipline specific page for individual Facebook groups and more!
- And check out all the learning videos, webinars and more offered by exploring the Creative Tools and Tips page and the Virtual Events and Livestreaming page
THE LAUNCHPAD SERIES- by The Music District
- The Launchpad podcast – The Music District, takes you step by step through different topics confronting musicians and independent artists. See the entire video series:
- Episode #1 The Cares Act Part 1– What freelancers can apply for in the CARES Act, Livestreaming and much more
- Episode #2 Financial Assistance for the Music Industry – Highlights the stories of several NoCo musicians and industry workers who have applied for relief funding.
- Episode #3 Level up Your Livestream – tune into this workshop to learn more about accessible tech and tactics to improve your livestream game.
- Episode #4 Save Our Stages: The Future of Live Music in FoCo & Beyond – We’ll discuss what a return to live music could look like, how independent venues are making it through COVID-19, and what you can do to #SupportOurStages.
- Episode #5 Play it Safe! Evaluating Today’s Live Music Opportunities – Join us for a discussion between local and regional musicians and music workers about how artists, hosts, talent buyers, and promoters are evaluating live performance opportunities, keeping themselves and their audiences safe, and navigating new types of challenges to playing live.
STATE BUSINESS RESOURCES
- Colorado Creative Industries – resources for artists and creative industry
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts
- List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak (Creative Capital.org)
NATIONAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- Rolling deadline – AGMA Relief Fund (For Actors – AGMA members only)
- Twenty Summers: Emergency Arts Fund (EAF) no deadlines adjusted as income is received – Artist’s video is hosted on shared fundraising platform, Twenty Summers distributes proceeds.
- A collection of safety nets and preparedness and response guides (NCaper.org)
- Guide to what freelancers need to know about the coronavirus (Freelancers Union)
- Freelancer’s Union Relief Fund
- Patreon’s Response to COVID-19 resources page