Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated November 2022)
- City of Fort Collins Small Business Grants! Round 2 is open! Grants will be made in increments of $2,500, $5,000, or $7,500, grant amount is dependent upon number of employees and annual revenue (assistance will not have to be repaid). Two rounds of funding will be made available to businesses. Round 2 will be open to businesses on October 3 and closes November 15.
- The newly opened Multicultural Business & Entrepreneurship Center is now offering business services to the community and has $30K at its disposal to help businesses with technical assistance.
- The Business Foundations Technical Assistance program provides technical assistance and small grants to Colorado small businesses to help businesses legally establish themselves. The program includes 3 required training paths for businesses to complete and receive a certification. Once completed, businesses may be eligible to apply for small grants of up to $1,200.
- Host a CSU Student with a Micro-Internship! These can be short-term projects that can typically be completed within 5-40 hours and is due within a few days to a few weeks. These projects require no on-boarding, are paid 1099 and can be completed by a college student with minimal instruction. This is a great way to finish projects you have been meaning to get to, it is also a great way introduce your company to students and see if there is a potential fit for future opportunities and ultimately, it is a great way to support CSU students.
- COVID -19
- FORT COLLINS BUSINESS HELP:
- City of Fort Collins Business
- NOCO RECOVERS – A one stop shop for COVID-19 recovery resources for the business community in Northern Colorado.
- Larimer SBDC – Free one on one professional business help, consulting, and classes
- Colorado State University’s Executive Education programs and courses
- The City of Fort Collins Recovery Plan and Larimer County Recovery Plans utilizing ARPA funds
- Mental Health Support for Larimer County: 970-221-5551. 9 a.m.-4 p.m., M-F No charge for COVID-19 support. If you’re in crisis, call the Colorado Crisis Line 1-844-493-8255.
- COVID-19 tests for yourself or your employees? Find the testing closest to you
- COVID-19 vaccinations Get the latest info on vaccinations HERE
SUPPLIES & TOOLS
- ForFortCollins.com – for businesses and citizens with ways to promote shopping locally with marketing asset generator, connections and resources for being open
- FoCoFreelance.com – Register or search here for Fort Collins Freelancers
- NoCo Safety Supply Marketplace – PPE supplies, sell or buy from NoCo sources
- MORE CREATIVE TOOLS AND TIPS – Watch video tutorials about e-commerce, online marketing, video production from home and much more
- COLORADO BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and Economic Trade
- Colorado Creative Industries
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts
- Help Colorado Now – State Of Colorado’s website offers emergency funding and a range of in-kind services for individuals, businesses and nonprofits.
- Alternative Colorado lenders: Accion and Colorado Lending Source
- Colorado’s CLIMBER small business loan fund! These are below market rate loans with favorable terms for small businesses with 5-99 employees. CLIMBER loans are available to non-profit businesses along with for-profit and sole proprietorships. Special consideration is given to small businesses located in rural, distressed, and underserved areas, including communities with low to moderate incomes.
- Colorado Microloans, Kiva Loans, and Colorado Credit Reserve are for people who are underserved by traditional debt markets
- INFO & SERVICES:
- NATIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Americans for the Arts has a list of national resources
- Art-Train brings together artists and creatives with municipalities, agencies, and organizations to create culture-based collaborations. With separate tracks for artists and agencies, Art-Train helps you use American Rescue Plan and American Jobs Plan funding to support locally-rooted, culture-based collaborations
- NIVA – (National Independent Venues Association) – guidance about venues reopening, advocacy and support for venue owners #SaveOurStages
- Small Business Administration Debt Relief
- Small Business Administration 24/7 Help Line: 1-800-659-2955
- FUNDING AND NETWORKS: