ARTS & CULTURAL NONPROFITS
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated January 2023)
- Founded in FoCo – March 1-3 at Front Range Community College will offer free business development workshops, lectures and networking. Whether you’re a freelancer, a mid-sized business owner, or work in the nonprofit space, there’s something for you on our Founded in FoCo schedule.
- Overdue on your utilities bills due to COVID? Fort Collins Utilities if offering pandemic relief for utilities bills both residential and commercial.
- The newly opened Multicultural Business & Entrepreneurship Center is now offering business services to the community and has $30K at its disposal to help businesses with technical assistance.
- The Business Foundations Technical Assistance program provides technical assistance and small grants to Colorado small businesses to help businesses legally establish themselves. The program includes 3 required training paths for businesses to complete and receive a certification. Once completed, businesses may be eligible to apply for small grants of up to $1,200.
- Host a CSU Student with a Micro-Internship! These can be short-term projects that can typically be completed within 5-40 hours and is due within a few days to a few weeks. These projects require no on-boarding, are paid 1099 and can be completed by a college student with minimal instruction. This is a great way to finish projects you have been meaning to get to, it is also a great way introduce your company to students and see if there is a potential fit for future opportunities and ultimately, it is a great way to support CSU students. https://info.parkerdewey.com/colostate
- COVID-19 in Larimer County
GRANTS WITH ROLLING DEADLINES OR ONES COMING UP!
American Rescue Plan Act and CARES Act
LOCAL RESOURCES & GRANTS
- LOCAL BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Larimer SBDC – Free one on one professional business consulting, special creative industry professionals, workshops and online classes, business resources and tools
- NOCO RECOVERS – A one stop shop for COVID-19 recovery resources for the business community in Northern Colorado.
- ForFortCollins.com – website designed for businesses and citizens with ways to promote shopping locally with marketing asset generator, connections and resources
- TOOLS, SUPPLIES & NETWORKING:
STATE RESOURCES & GRANTS
- COLORADO BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Colorado Creative Industries has arts grants, programs, the latest statewide resources and ways people can support the arts
- CBCA: Colorado Business Committee for the Arts has many resources for artists, arts nonprofits, as well as, the business community in general
- Colorado Nonprofit Association Updates & Resources
- Take Note Colorado, a responsive, competitive opportunity for individuals and organizations statewide to offer highly inclusive, culturally relevant and student-centered music instruction. Apply for up to $10,000
- Art-Train brings together artists and creatives with municipalities, agencies, and organizations to create culture-based collaborations.
- Colorado’s CLIMBER small business loan fund! Below market rate loans with favorable terms for small businesses with 5-99 employees. CLIMBER loans are available to non-profit businesses along with for-profit and sole proprietorships.
- Alternative Colorado lenders: Accion and Colorado Lending Source, Colorado Microloans, Kiva Loans, and Colorado Credit Reserve are for people who are underserved by traditional debt markets
- Community Resource Center: Colorado Grants Guide with non profit training, funding options and more
- TOOLS & SERVICES:
- CAM Creative Corps – helps non-profit arts and cultural organizations pivot to online programming and remote learning opportunities, students to help you get up to speed on social media and technology!
- The Colorado Nonprofit Association offers educational opportunities for nonprofit professionals virtually via Zoom. Each session will be 90 minutes or less and will be no cost to participants. See their event calendar for online learning and virtual connectedness
NATIONAL RESOURCES & GRANTS
- NATIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Americans for the Arts has a list of national resources and updates and a page dedicated to the CARES Act
- The Smithsonian Cultural Rescue Initiative – Lots of resources for museums, libraries, artists, non profits and historic properties
- FREE Candid (a resource offered by the Poudre River Public Library District) is here to help, with a library of free on-demand resources, including: a library of more than 260 titles available as e-books and audiobooks, Knowledge Base Articles, answering nonprofit professionals’ FAQs, and more than 150 free videos, many of which qualify for CFRE credits.
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is has many current grants to apply for funding, relief funding or project funding.
- WESTAF’s Resources & Information page
- Grants for Latinx arts organizations, artists, and cultural workers! Offered by The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC)
- TOOLS & EDUCATION: