ARTISTS, MUSICIANS & PERFORMERS:
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated Sept 2023)
NEWS AND RECENT UPDATES:
- The Multicultural Business & Entrepreneurship Center is now offering business services to the community and has $30K at its disposal to help businesses with technical assistance. Each qualifying business could be awarded $1500. All businesses and entrepreneurs are welcome.
- Check out the State of Colorado’s Business Foundations Technical Assistance Program – you can be awarded up to $1,200 to learn business basics!
- Resources for arts equity, artists advocacy, inclusion for underrepresented groups, tools for tough discussions –– See this resource sheet from our Creative After Hours in conjunction with Larimer SBDC and Full Expression!
- Overdue on your utilities bills due to COVID? Fort Collins Utilities if offering pandemic relief for utilities bills both residential and commercial.
- The Colorado Change Leader Program teaches cultural and community leaders how to handle change in organizations, communities, and their daily lives. The institute is a biannual three-day course to prepare leaders for a certification project. If your certification project meets certain requirements, you may receive a $500 stipend to implement the project. The network provides participants a way to continue engagement with current and past participants of the program.
- Makers and Crafters Business 101 – need help with your sales tax and business organization – see our list of helpful tips for Makers and Crafters!
- Any Needs Call #2-1-1 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline.
- Food Bank of Larimer County – see if you qualify for food donations
- Vindeket Foods – a food/produce rescue program/storefront, providing free food boxes that can cater to food restrictions such as gluten free, vegetarian,.. (Pay what you can, volunteer)
- Hunger Free Colorado – apply for food, cash, medical assistance, or other programs
- Locally distributed food and hygiene products open to anyone in need by Serve 6.8, a Christian nonprofit working with churches
- State of Colorado Food Assistance Providers and Resources
- ALL ARTISTS:
- Emergency Help for Artists and Musicians — CERF+’s emergency assistance includes grants and/or brokered assistance, such as booth fee waivers and discounts or donations of supplies and equipment. To learn more about our eligibility requirements and guidelines.
- Art-Train brings together artists and creatives with municipalities, agencies, and organizations to create culture-based collaborations. With separate tracks for artists and agencies, Art-Train helps you use American Rescue Plan and American Jobs Plan funding to support locally-rooted, culture-based collaborations.
- Tax Guide for Artists The Larimer Small Business Development Center has a helpful tool for artists and their taxes.
- MUSIC INDUSTRY:
- NoCo Music Event Fund – Apply for a grant for your event through Bohemian Foundation
- Take Note Colorado, a responsive, competitive opportunity for individuals and organizations statewide to offer highly inclusive, culturally relevant and student-centered music instruction. Individuals can apply for up to $10,000 to develop programming that meets Take Note’s goals.
- SPECIFIC ARTIST GROUPS:
- ArtistCommunities.org offers a list of emergency relief programs
- Discipline Specific Resources – more funding and support options we have collected for specific genres and art disciplines
- Resources for Latinx arts organizations, artists, and cultural workers – Offered by The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC)
HEALTH & MENTAL HEALTH
- MENTAL HEALTH:
- Support is here for you, see all the Larimer County Health COVID Resources & Services
- Experiencing a crisis?
- Contact the Colorado Crisis and Support Line at 1-844-493-TALK (8255)
- Text “TALK” to 38255
- Visit www.coloradocrisisservices.org to access chat
- Music Minds Matter – Join other musicians and creatives in mental health support at MusicMindsMatter.org
- Larimer County Emotional and Mental Health Resources
- Get FREE mental, emergency dental and advance care planning locally (The Health District)
- Call #2-1-1 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline for health and other needs.
- MusiCares – Addiction and other health resources for professionals in the music industry
- FoCoMA – Fort Collins Musicians Association’s free dental clinics periodically in conjunction with MusiCares to all music industries professionals
- COVID 19 Resources
HOUSING & UTILITIES
- Call #2-1-1 to connect with United Way of Larimer County’s help hotline
- Rent assistance from Neighbor to Neighbor – If you need some assistance with an existing rental click here and If you are looking for assistance for a new rental, visit their First Month’s Rent Assistance page.
- State of Colorado Rent and Utilities Resources and Providers
- Fort Collins Utilities if offering pandemic relief for utilities bills both residential and commercial.
- Larimer County Economic & Workforce for current openings and answers about employment and unemployment
- Connecting Colorado for Job Seekers and Employers
- FoCoFreelance.com – Register here as a Fort Collins Freelancer looking for jobs or help with projects
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce member businesses job postings
- State of Colorado resources and providers for employment and jobs
LOCAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- NETWORKING & GROUPS:
- NoCo Gigging Musician Facebook Group – join here to hear about all things concerning musicians and COVID
- ALSO see our Discipline specific page for individual Facebook groups and more!
- Become a member at the Music District – Artist Development/Education, Rehearsal Space & Equipment Use, Music Production Rooms, Music industry workspace, and workshops/events.
- BUSINESS TOOLS:
- Larimer Small Business Development Center offers free consulting, low cost classes, and business tools
- How Can you Support Local Business? ForFortCollins is here to help with tools, graphics and more to support your community
- See our collection of Creative Tools and Tips about virtual events, webinars, best practices, classes, podcasts and livestreaming
NATIONAL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- NATIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS: