Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated 9/01/2021)
- Colorado Arts Relief Fund is open! This fund provides $15.5 million for the second round of funding to support arts, cultural and entertainment artists, crew members, and organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding through this bill will be distributed through two separate grant applications: Colorado Arts Relief—Business and Organization and Colorado Arts Relief—Individuals. Applications are open from August 23 – October 15.
- City of Fort Collins Recovery Plan Vision – The City is set to receive $28.1 million of the nearly $6 billion American Rescue Plan Act funds. To guide this spending, the City is developing a Fort Collins Recovery Plan. They want to hear from you! What does a resilient, vibrant recovery for all residents and businesses look like? How can we get there? Share your ideas, thoughts, stories and hear others’ experiences and ideas HERE or Take a quick survey here.
- The Freelancer Failure Ball is the first-ever black-tie charity gala created to celebrate screw-ups in business. This is the chandelier-soaked rooftop fundraiser that benefits To Write Love on Her Arms, an American nonprofit focused on mental health for whole humans. September 18 at 5pm
- Colorado’s CLIMBER small business loan fund! These are below market rate loans with favorable terms for small businesses with 5-99 employees. CLIMBER loans are available to non-profit businesses along with for-profit and sole proprietorships. Special consideration is given to small businesses located in rural, distressed, and underserved areas, including communities with low to moderate incomes. For full details and eligibility visit their website.
- Get info on vaccines from the Larimer County Health Department
- FORT COLLINS BUSINESS HELP:
- City of Fort Collins
- NOCO RECOVERS – A one stop shop for COVID-19 recovery resources for the business community in Northern Colorado.
- Larimer SBDC – Free one on one professional business help, consulting, classes and help with SBA loans (PPP & Cares Act loans)
- Register for the Larimer County & CSU’s FREE Pivot Program! Learn how to reshape and pivot your business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more and register for the next cohort here
- Mental Health Support for Larimer County: 970-221-5551. 9 a.m.-4 p.m., M-F No charge for COVID-19 support. If you’re in crisis, call the Colorado Crisis Line 1-844-493-8255.
- COVID-19 tests for yourself or your employees? Find the testing closest to you
- COVID-19 vaccinations Get the latest info on vaccinations HERE
SUPPLIES & TOOLS
- ForFortCollins.com – for businesses and citizens with ways to promote shopping locally with marketing asset generator, connections and resources for being open
- Add your business to this online listing of Fort Collins businesses to expand the social-distancing-friendly purchasing options you offer to customers.
- Compliance requirements for all types of businesses NoCoRecovers.com
- FoCoFreelance.com – Register here as a Fort Collins Freelancer looking for jobs
- Keep NoCo Open – Full graphics, videos and messaging in English and Spanish Download all the assets HERE – Marketing Kit here
- De-Escalation Training for your employees and volunteers? The City has created these video trainings to help – See them at ForFortCollins.com
- NoCo Safety Supply Marketplace – PPE supplies, sell or buy from NoCo sources
- MORE CREATIVE TOOLS AND TIPS – Watch video tutorials about e-commerce, online marketing, video production from home and much more
- COLORADO BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and Economic Trade
- Colorado Creative Industries
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts
- Help Colorado Now – State Of Colorado’s website offers emergency funding and a range of in-kind services for individuals, businesses and non-profits.
- Alternative Colorado lenders: Accion and Colorado Lending Source
- Alternative Funding Sources (Not PPP, EIDL or Governmental sources) Created by Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (www.choosecolorado.com/covid19/)
- The Colorado COVID Relief Fund is offering support to small businesses whose work aligns with the Fund’s priorities of Prevention, Impact and Recovery. Funds are distributed within three days.
- INFO & SERVICES:
- Colorado Creative Industries (CCI) released the 2020 Colorado Creative Economy Report, studying the Creative Economy in before and during the COVID-19 pandemic The report was prepared in collaboration with CCI and Dr. Michael Seman of Colorado State University’s LEAP Institute for the Arts and Regional Economic Development Institute.
- LEGAL: Pro Bono Attorneys services for Colorado businesses affected by COVID www.coloradocovidrelief.org
American Rescue Plan & CARES Act
- Shuttered Venues Grant – This special grant has funds up to 10 million dollars for shuttered venues and cultural institutions. Businesses can receive this grant if also applying of PPP funds, but PPP loan must be approved prior. Venues are recommended to read through FAQs, use this checklist to prep in advance and once opened apply through the SBA. For help: Watch the SBA informational webinar to highlight the application process for potential eligible entities, Watch webinar video HERE! And if you need more hands on help reach to the SBA regional office in Denver.
- PPP loans program is closed! Get details at: Payroll Protection Program
- If you have any questions regarding the CARES Act reach out to the Larimer SBDC or see information at the Small Business Association
- CARES Act Loan Application Assistance Project – a no-cost lawyer match program for Colorado Nonprofit Association members providing a resource for much-needed support navigating the federal relief and response funding. (eligibility, what information you will need to complete your application, simplify requirements, clarify language, and offer other things to consider as you apply.) Learn more and get connected with a volunteer lawyer.
- This GUIDE can help you navigate/understand the CARES Act.
- Small Business Administration 24/7 Help Line: 1-800-659-2955
- NATIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Americans for the Arts has a list of national resources
- NIVA – (National Independent Venues Association) – guidance about venues reopening, advocacy and support for venue owners #SaveOurStages
- REVS – Reopen Every Venue Safely – provides guidance about music venues re-opening in safe & sustainable ways
- Small Business Administration Debt Relief
- PPP Loans – see Cares Act Section
- Freelancer’s Union Relief Fund
- Kiva Loans – Yes, 0% interest – no catch. They’re a non-profit aimed at expanding access to capital. Worldwide loans
- Small Business Administration Express Bridge Loans (enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly)
- Alignable has launched a Coronavirus Resource + Recovery Center for Small Businesses.