ARTS & CULTURAL NONPROFITS
Please note that the inclusion of these links and sources does not constitute an endorsement by the Downtown Fort Collins Creative District. (updated May 2022)
- Host a CSU Student with a Micro-Internship! These can be short-term projects that can typically be completed within 5-40 hours and is due within a few days to a few weeks. These projects require no on-boarding, are paid 1099 and can be completed by a college student with minimal instruction. This is a great way to finish projects you have been meaning to get to, it is also a great way introduce your company to students and see if there is a potential fit for future opportunities and ultimately, it is a great way to support CSU students. https://info.parkerdewey.com/colostate
- COVID-19 in Larimer County
GRANT DEADLINES COMING UP!
- The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is has many current grants to apply for funding, relief funding or project funding.
- Colorado Creates Grant opens! Colorado Creative Industries: Colorado Creates – FY 2023 is designed to provide general operating support to help nonprofit arts organizations that produce and provide arts and cultural activities to their communities. Due by June 2
American Rescue Plan Act and CARES Act
- SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- RECOVERY PLANS/FUNDING:
- LEGAL & HELP:
- Small Business Administration 24/7 Help Line: 1-800-659-2955
LOCAL RESOURCES & GRANTS
- LOCAL BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Larimer SBDC – Free one on one professional business consulting, special creative industry professionals, workshops and online classes, business resources and tools
- NOCO RECOVERS – A one stop shop for COVID-19 recovery resources for the business community in Northern Colorado.
- ForFortCollins.com – website designed for businesses and citizens with ways to promote shopping locally with marketing asset generator, connections and resources
- TOOLS, SUPPLIES & NETWORKING:
- Fort Collins Online Marketplace – Sell your art or experiences on Fort Collins Marketplace! Run by Visit Fort Collins to support small businesses
- CREATIVE TOOLS AND TIPS – Watch video tutorials about e-commerce, online marketing, video production from home and much more!
- Fort Collins Nonprofit Networking Facebook Group sharing best practices, tips and place to ask questions
STATE RESOURCES & GRANTS
- COLORADO BUSINESS SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Colorado Creative Industries has arts grants, programs, the latest statewide resources and ways people can support the arts
- CBCA: Colorado Business Committee for the Arts has many resources for artists, arts nonprofits, as well as, the business community in general
- Colorado Nonprofit Association Updates & Resources
- FUNDING & LEGAL:
- Take Note Colorado, a responsive, competitive opportunity for individuals and organizations statewide to offer highly inclusive, culturally relevant and student-centered music instruction. Individuals and organizations can apply for up to $10,000 to develop programming that meets Take Note’s goals
- Art-Train brings together artists and creatives with municipalities, agencies, and organizations to create culture-based collaborations. With separate tracks for artists and agencies, Art-Train helps you use American Rescue Plan and American Jobs Plan funding to support locally-rooted, culture-based collaborations.
- Colorado’s CLIMBER small business loan fund! These are below market rate loans with favorable terms for small businesses with 5-99 employees. CLIMBER loans are available to non-profit businesses along with for-profit and sole proprietorships. Special consideration is given to small businesses located in rural, distressed, and underserved areas, including communities with low to moderate incomes.
- The State of Colorado‘s Help Colorado Now website offers emergency funding and a range of in-kind services as well as volunteer opportunities for individuals, businesses and nonprofits.
- TOOLS & SERVICES:
- CAM Creative Corps – helps non-profit arts and cultural organizations pivot to online programming and remote learning opportunities, students to help you get up to speed on social media and technology!
- The Colorado Nonprofit Association offers educational opportunities for nonprofit professionals virtually via Zoom. Each session will be 90 minutes or less and will be no cost to participants. See their event calendar for online learning and virtual connectedness
- Tips for Avoiding Scams Related to COVID-19 compiled by the Colorado Virtual Library
NATIONAL RESOURCES & GRANTS
- NATIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS:
- Americans for the Arts has a list of national resources and updates and a page dedicated to the CARES Act
- The Smithsonian Cultural Rescue Initiative – Lots of resources for museums, libraries, artists, non profits and historic properties
- FREE Candid (a resource offered by the Poudre River Public Library District) is here to help, with a library of free on-demand resources, including: a library of more than 260 titles available as e-books and audiobooks, Knowledge Base Articles, answering nonprofit professionals’ FAQs, and more than 150 free videos, many of which qualify for CFRE credits.
- Community Resource Center: Colorado Grants Guide with non profit training, funding options and more
- The Foundation Center and Guidestar have set up a resource-rich Funding for coronavirus (COVID-19) page
- WESTAF’s Resources & Information page
- Grants for Latinx arts organizations, artists, and cultural workers! Offered by The National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC)
- TOOLS & EDUCATION: